Throw Back to Fall – Authors in Bloom Fun
Who is ready for some spring fun!!!!!! Get in on the contest by linking up below!
I admit I’m a pumpkin fanatic. However, while I love fall and all the amazingly yummy pumpkin food that comes with the season, I really prefer the warm weather of spring and summer.
So why not have fall comfort food in the spring?
I really prefer the warm weather of spring and summer. So why not have fall comfort food in the spring?
One of my fav fall treats is pumpkin spiced pecans.
I LOVE everything pumpkin. Oh, yeah. I already said that.
These are sweet and under all the sugar full of protein.
Does that count as healthy?
I used my normal candied almond recipe but altered it slightly to include the pumpkin spice. It really is a simply thing to make.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 c pecan halves
- Heat over to 375 line cookie sheet.
- In skillet melt butter and add sugar and syrup. Cook until bubbly stirring constantly
- Add pecans cook 2-3 minutes until thoroughly coated put mixture on cookie sheet
- Bake 6-8 minutes until brown
- I freeze these in a ziploc so I don't eat all of them in one sitting.